Friday 7 August 2020

Wā whakaaroaro- Reflection Time

Ready to be professionally developed 


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

Ubiquitous- Learn
Empowered -Create
Connected- Share
Creativity focuses on the process of forming original ideas through explorations. Having experience working in the ECE sector and primary school I understand the difference in teaching in both educational settings and a quote that has really made me reflect in regards to both settings is 

" In ECE you teach the child, in a school setting you teach the curriculum" 

As hard as it was to change my teaching practices when moving between the two sectors it was also very necessary in order to be effective in an ECE setting. Now learning more about the pedagogy of Manaiakalani and I am pondering how I can use all this information to create better learning experiences for teachers so they can share with their students? 

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

The use of youtube or tiriata- How can I use youtube to its full potential? I will start using playlists as a way to assist kaiako with the implementation of brain breaks and rauemi reo as extra resources they can use in their class. I will also start creating videos that can be beneficial for kaiako this will mean that instead of facilitating PLD I can identify what they did some modelling in and then create a video they can later refer to or they can watch the video and if they have questions or need further assistance than I can focus on target areas. 

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners? Teacher dashboard hot tips- You can create group and colour co-ordinate these. You are also able to choose

how much of that child's work that you would like to see eg. 1 piece of work and up to 25 items on the
dashboard. This will also help to monitor who is participating and finishing their learning and who needs
extra attention.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

A more in depth understanding of how to use google draw. A lot of the time I can't find pictures that relate to my slides or really just specific to what I am creating and now I am able to use google draw confidently to create my own pictures. I have played around with draw a bit and am excited to explore and practice my new skills.


3 comments:

  1. Tino pai ēnei kōrero e te tuahine, otirā he rawe te kite i te huhua o āu mahi kua tāmautia ki tō rangitaki nei!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Robyne, I am really enjoying reading about how you are pushing yourself to extend your digital skills to amplify your practice. Although you are already skilled and confident, you are still seeking new learning. What an awesome role model for your learners and colleagues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tau kē tō rangitaki e hoa! He pukenga maha āu - he tauria pai, me pēhea te whai:-)

    ReplyDelete