Friday 31 July 2020

Two posts, does that mean I'm an official blogger now?

Time to reflect and share with you all...Wiki 2

What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani Great Kaupapa and pedagogy?

Recognise
Amplify
Turbocharge
Effective Practice
I am slowly becoming more aware about changing my frame of mind from tech being taught as a specific learning area to tech being used as a means to alter delivery, learning and outcomes. Digital learning being woven through whatever I teach. Acquiring more skills through DFI and changing my mind frame to cater to learning using more technology will be my focus for the next few hui I facilitate. "It's not just a tool"


The many uses of google meets and being able to share my screen and audio by clicking on chrome tab. This is very beneficial if I am wanting to share videos that support what I am teaching whilst in a hui. Google keep has replaced the traditional notepad and is accessible via any device which is handy when I always have a device on me.


Tohuwaahi- bookmark, talking soo much about our mahi matihiko is causing me to reflect on my reo matihiko and how much I really do use and know. I find myself looking for specific matihiko kupu from Makaore's kupu āwhina he shared that are relevant to what I'm teaching or explaining. So I am not only learning new skills and tricks but also the appropriate language that follows which I have also shared with our kura as part of our Ākina te reo program.

Something I have found to be very efficient is removing the titles for bookmarks so I can fit more on to my screen. It's made mahi matihiko and switching between my mahi and main sites I use more effortless and accelerated.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Robyne, thanks for sharing your reflections on the changing role of 'tech' in our teaching practice. I am so impressed by the way you have jumped in the deep end and challenged yourself to extend your thinking and your skill set.

    ReplyDelete