Friday 14 August 2020

My fourth session of being professionally developed in the realm of GOOGLE

 My learning and development for the day:

  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

I'm still contemplating how I can use the tools and experience I've gained to help tauira and staff.
How can I learn, create and share meaningful information and experiences to encourage others. Still further developing my brain and getting around everything but definitely loving the journey and especially our mirumiru.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

My kryptonite has been spreadsheets for a while now mainly because I feel like it is boring and I don't know how to use it. After todays session I am beginning to feel a little less uneasy about using it and seeing how beneficial it can be for all my note taking and recording. I have seen how it can be used and how effective it can be for my role so I'm happy I have some understanding now especially with the use of filters and arranging data in graphs and tables.


  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

Today I learnt more about using google maps and possible ways this can be used with my students. I learnt how to time stamp and how to import data from a spreadsheet to a map to show locations. Makaore also explained how we could use this to map our marae and other areas with significant value to Maori which is great for students who aren't able to physically visit these places. 

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

In my personal life I have used how to make a digital pepeha that I can share with my whaanau and they can extend on. It's accessible from anywhere and anyone with the link is able to see it. This is great for whaanau overseas and just to have in the magic cloud that keeps everything forever.

I will also be creating some castifys on what I've learnt and what staff can use to teach tauira at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment